Tuesday, May 19, 2009

DECORDOVA

Last weekend we took a motorcycle ride out to the DeCordova Museum. They have an incredible sculpture garden, so cool that we didn't even make it inside!

This is the coolest ticket booth I've ever seen! You drive up to it, pay, and then park. Since we were on the bike and we get in free with the Museum Reciprocity program, I had to wait behind cars and walk up. The attendant said "I guess Plimoth Plantation qualifies as a museum." Philistine.

I love these sprawling pieces. Donut with Three Balls, by Fletcher Benton.


This piece, Butterfly Effect, is by Rick Brown, a professor at MassArt, my alma mater.


Ian and I are in love with weeping trees. My favorite is the weeping willow, he's rather enamored of the weeping beech, pictured here dwarfing him. The sculpture on the left is called Ence Pence and it's by Ursula von Rydingsvard. It reminds me of the sculptures on Easter Island.


We both love these Two Big Black Hearts by Jim Dine.
A detail from one of the hearts.

We both love this piece too. Manna by Tom Chapin
This is called Camera Man, by Mark Fredenburg. This is how I feel since I got my new camera!
The park is amazing and if you ever have the chance to get up there to see it, you should. It's in Lincoln, Mass, which is a beautiful town, and well worth the trip.

1 comment:

  1. I GUESS Plimoth Plantation counts as a museum...also, thank you for using the word philistine.

    ReplyDelete