Monday, September 14, 2009

WALK 'N ROLL


In the morning, after dropping Ian at the train, I go for a "power" walk. Swinging arms, handweights, headphones, the whole nine yards. For the longest time I listened to disco because back in the day of aerobics classes that's what we worked out to. Recently though, I've needed something more motivational. After seeing Motley Crue last month, I decided that Metal would do the job.



I have downloaded into my mp3 player Motley Crue, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice Cooper, Cheap Trick, Deep Purple and Motorhead, so far, and those 70 songs took about 4 hours. I still have many, many more songs to go through in our iTunes library. The reason it takes so long to load them in is that I have to listen to each one to see if it has the proper speed to keep me going fast enough.

When I hear the opening guitar on It's a Long Way to the Top or the riff at the beginning of Dr. Feelgood, I can feel the endorphins kick in and it makes me walk harder! It takes all I have to keep from headbanging while I'm walking down the street.

1 comment: