Sunday, September 13, 2009

STUDIO ENVY


This is a picture of my friend Kendra in her studio, which is in her house!

I have SERIOUS studio envy. I would LOVE to have a room of my own. It would have a dedicated cutting table, a sewing table, shelves for my fabric/notions stash, a place to keep all my yarn, my loom, the spinning wheel, and my dyepots! Ideally, it would be ground-level with a slider out to a concrete slab so that I could do my dyeing right outside and not have to worry about being messy. It would have a big utility sink and a washing machine. Outside, right next to the concrete slab, there would also be a nice clothesline to hang all my dyed projects on for natural drying. Everything would smell so good! AND it would be big enough so that my fiber friends could come and play with me!!!

A girl can dream...

2 comments:

  1. http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/real-estate/isabel-toledos-new-york-apartment-and-studio-new-york-magazine-21206-074384

    That's my new dream studio....but then I'd be Isabel Toledo, and be the most incredible draper ever, and married to a handsome artist, and live in an apartment with a VIEW OF THE CHRYSTLER BUILDING....and be bffs with Michelle. Ok, still a dream.

    Miss Penny, you simply MUST come and see her exhibit at the museum at FIT....maybe it will still be up for our birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would also be very cool to have a section of the space for doing photo work. A computer and printer, maybe some silk-screen equipment?

    ReplyDelete