Saturday, July 25, 2009

OUR LITTLE PARADISE

Pollywog College. That's the name of the summer cottage that my mom and uncle own. It was named Pollywog Cottage, but my aunt called it college as a little girl and the name stuck. My grandfather bought it when my mother was a little girl and there hasn't been a summer in my life that I haven't been up there. It's on Long Pond in Plymouth and is heaven on earth.

The deck, on the front, overlooks the pond, but there is enough shrubby stuff in front of it to keep it private.
The beach from the end of the dock. From year to year we don't know how much beach we'll have. The winter snow can sometimes take it all away. There have been summers where we've had to put the dock up right at the end of the stairs down from the cottage.

We're on a cove, protected, but we still get to see some very cool action in the sky and the sun sets directly across from our beach. Nothing like sitting on the beach with a cold drink, watching the sun go down.

The flag on the screen is covering a hole to keep the mosquitoes out.
The oar is from a row boat that is long gone, but was really cool. It was big and felt like the shallop at the Mayflower.

Irises all over the place, beautiful when they're all open.
I consider myself to be incredibly fortunate to have had this place in my life and to be able to share it with so many friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment