Sunday, July 12, 2009

CARS,CARS, and MORE CARS!

So, this was the weekend of the car show! On Saturday we went out on the bike to see Paul and Teri at the grand opening of Teri's new Arts Center in Quincy.

Their boys Jake and Nick came out to check out the bike, and of course, try it out. After our visit with the Mangiarattis, we hit the road for Brookline and the Larz Anderson Auto Museum for Micro/Mini Car Day. This museum has a permanent collection located in a converted carriage house but they also host events on their sprawling lawn over the course of the non-snowy months.

When we got there and got off the bike the first thing we saw was one of Ian's favorite motorcycles, with a sidecar no less. It's a Ural from Russia.

How cool are hood ornaments?

A bug-eye sprite!


Ian in the reflection of a Nash Metropolitan's hubcap. Note the dice on the valve stem. Another cool detail.

As all the cars were tiny, I appear as a giantess, doing my best Carol Marol. Hitched to the back of this car is the tiniest camper I've ever seen.


Inside the carriage house is the permanent collection. I thought it very cool that each car had a mannequin dressed in the style of the day. This is a 1957 Corvette, 'vettes are my favorite car. If I had the money, that's what I'd get!

The museum houses cars that were actually owned by Larz Anderson. This is a shot of his limo from the early 20th century. It has all mod cons!


The headlight of one of his other cars.

And then there is a garage set up so you can see what it was like back in the day. They have some cars "in for repairs" all the tools, etc. that you'd need.

On Sunday, we hopped on the bike again and headed out to Dedham for The Bay State Antique Auto Club’s 38th Annual Antique Car Show. Touted to have over 1000 cars participating, how could we pass it up?!?

Aren't we all feeling THIS!?!

An Oldsmobile El Camino. Who'da thunk it?


Ian checking out one of the race cars, there were several there. I've never seen one up close before.

This truck is big and tough, would probably kick the asses of all those pickups with hemis.

Reflection in the hood of a 70s Celica. I love the pink and white car behind me.

This is the tail light of an Olds 98. I think my favorite car at the show. The owner was a sweetheart too.

Another cool hood ornament.

WTF?! So shiny, I like!


Love the interiors, so much character, makes today's cars look bland.
So, the weekend was beautiful and we did a lot of riding and we saw a lot of really cool cars. Can't beat that!
Oh, and I should really mention that Ian took all the photos (except the one he's in) and did a great job. He taught me everything I know about cars and cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment