Monday, December 14, 2009

ALMOST WINTER

I went up to the cottage with my mother on Friday. It was very cold and very windy. This is not the time of year we spend much time up there and so I'm always surprised by how barren and gray everything is. We can't see the water from this vantage point in the summer.
I hope the cottage is hibernating and not missing all the people and activity.

After all the rain that Plymouth has had recently, the beach is half gone! It should be back by the time we want to swim.

Water all the way up to the fire pit!

The kayaks all nestled in for their long winter nap.

I am really looking forward to the spring when the green will be back and the promise of summer will be in the air!

1 comment:

  1. And in death therein lies the possibility for life to start anew...

    ReplyDelete