Tuesday, April 28, 2009

PATER MAGNOLIA

My parents have a rather large magnolia tree
at the end of their driveway. When it's in
full bloom it's quite spectacular.

My dad loved this tree and the fact that it
was so substantial.

Dad loved flowers. He wasn't really a planned
garden kind of guy, he loved to have buckets
of stuff here and patches of stuff there.

The yard always looked nice and he worked his
tail off to get grass to grow. My whole life, grass
was a challenge for him, a challenge that he rose
to with gusto!

The pine trees are protection against the wind.
It comes whipping up the ramp from the plantation
highway and without those trees, my parent's
would have no yard!

But they also protect the magnolia and it has
been able to thrive because of them.

Beautiful tree.
Under the canopy.

Blossoms are lovely, inside and out.
As long as it's there, I'll think of it as Dad's tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment