Friday, February 5, 2010

ROCKSTAR?!

As you all know, I have been unemployed since June '09, which means that I've looked at MANY job listings over the last 7 1/2 months. I have found a disturbing trend, everyone wants a rockstar. Many of the postings on Craigslist are looking for Rockstar Administrative Assistant, Rockstar Executive Assistant, Web Application Developer Rockstar, Event Planner and Executor Rockstar, Rockstar PHP Developer, Sales Rockstar, the list goes on and on. How is a professional person supposed to take these listings seriously? Is it not good enough to have ten years of broad experience at a job? And, more importantly, if I apply and am hired, am I expected to dress like a rockstar? I just can't see myself dressing like Pat Benetar, or the girls from Vixen in order to go to work!



But, I DO think if I showed up looking like Joan Jett they'd know I meant business!

1 comment:

  1. Rock star has long lost its meaning and punch, much like the death of the word cool.

    ReplyDelete